There are some settings where a standard clutch-operated window shade won’t stand up to rigorous treatment over time. However, due to cost issues a manual shade is still preferred. It’s for such situations that we first introduced the FlexShade® XD heavy-duty clutch.
Now the next generation of the heavy duty XD clutch is here. NEXD has a smaller 3-3/16” x 3-3/16” profile, and is packed with new features!
For starters, the NEXD has more mounting and hardware options:
- Endcaps with or without fascia;
- Cassette with or without fascia; and
- Cassette headbox with or without fascia.
Either wall or ceiling mounting of NEXD endcaps is possible thanks to field-convertible mounting hardware, and jamb mounting holes are also provided.
Once the endcaps are up, we’ve made it easier to mount the shade roller and fabric assembly. There’s no more struggling to get the idler pin into the bracket since our new design has multiple paths for the pin to follow on its way to sliding into position.
Once it’s up, the height-adjustable idler bracket lets you perfectly level the shade roller.
The cassette version of NEXD goes up fast with our simplest mounting system. Mount the provided brackets to the best position on the wall or ceiling, then simply snap the extruded cassette into place.
The heavy-duty NEXD comes with a stainless steel bead chain. Spline fabric attachment is standard. It also comes with the same hem bar options as our other shades:
- 1″ elliptical slat inside of 1-5/8″ heat-seamed pocket with heat sealed ends.
- 1″ elliptical slat inside of 1-5/8″ heat-seamed pocket with open pocket ends. Plastic end caps on hem bar.
- 1-1/2″ x 5/16″ rectangular hem bar with plastic end caps.
- 7/8″ x 5/16″ rectangular hem bar with plastic end caps.
- 3/4″ round hem bar with plastic end caps.
In the coming months, we will be adding these new features to the current small and large XD clutches.
To learn more about the all-new FlexShade NEXD, including available fabrics, click here.
The post NEXD-the Next Generation of Heavy–Duty Shade Clutches appeared first on Draper, Inc Blog Site.
Source: Blog Posts